Sunday, July 13, 2014

2008 Oahu Trip (#2)

For the past few weeks, I have been working on my Oahu scrapbook little by little.

Here are the 3 layouts of our first day on the island.


Our friends (at the time) arranged for a limo to pick us up at the airport...how fancy!  We didn't have the greatest view from our hotel room, but we weren't planning on staying in there--we were on an adventurous trip :) (plus I love to save money...aka, I'm cheap--ha ha ha)

This is one of the first times I embraced embellishing the photos themselves and I love it!!!

{Thickers came out years ago and I only had a few sets--2 were given to me in two separate classes I had taken (one blogged about last year)...then later last year, I bought a grab bag from Amy Tan(gerine) which added 3 more to my collection.  This is the first time I've really started to use them and I am in love...I don't know what took me so long!!!

I have since bought 2 more sets :D (bringing my total to a mere 7 sets) I don't need another addiction, but the lovely ladies of Instagram always show off there finds from Tuesday Morning and TJ Maxx.  Repeating myself--I don't need another addition...I don't need...}

From the first 2-page layout, I love this 3x4 card I made...


I did not take this picture (I would have had to be in the ocean to do so--ha ha ha).  It is the postcard (cut down to 3x4) I took from the room...so perfect for my album.

Here is the second 2-page layout, showing our first lunch and my first time eating tacos with fish inside!  Then we did some shopping.


And the last 2-page layout


Showing the beach across the street and our first dinner.  (I only blurred her face because I don't have permission to use her image--not the fact that we are no longer friends--ha ha ha)

The 3x4 journal card says "The beach was literally across the street from our hotel.  But we didn't spend any time there."  I had to use the word literally (and I used it right) because this person literally said that word a million times--ok, yes, not really literally a million times, but she used it a lot and often not in the right context!  My daughter laughed when she read the card and asked me if I used the word on purpose...she knows me too well :D

A little close up on the last picture

A third couple was supposed to join us on our trip, but couldn't after all...we had taken this picture at the restaurant pretending our friend Meredith was with us :)  Silly girls!

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Linda love the layouts and your inspiring me to get my older photos of trips into albums! Remeber I'm new to scrapbook-ing! hahaha I'm sure I will think I'm still new in another ten years. I want the deets ont his trip at the expo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never too late to go back and scrapbook the past!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love to read your comments! I usually reply to all comments, but I don't think a notification is given once I reply.

Also, I have been told that sometimes the comments do not show up...I do not know why that is...if it doesn't show up, then I don't see them.

Unless it is spam...I do not delete any comments. :(