Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Habitat for Humanity

Every year, my company does some sort of charity work during the Holiday season.  (Once we helped out with the Salvation Army Toy Drive.  A few years we were split up in teams and bought gifts for a family.)  This past December, we worked for Habitat for Humanity.


What hit home for me was that the houses we worked on were in a neighborhood I grew up in!  (It made me grateful of what I now have thanks to this wonderful company!)  

They split us into 5 groups:

Working on the roof--no thank you!
Working inside (it was very cold that day) installing base board--nope!
Being on a ladder painting the eaves--nope
Building a fence--no way
Or painting a fence--right up my alley :D

Here is the painting 2 other ladies in my office and I finished.








That was kinda neat.

It was a long and exhausting day, but very rewarding.

Here is my crew at the 2nd house (3 on building a fence and 3 of us painting the other side). 








4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love to read your comments! I usually reply to all comments, but I don't think a notification is given once I reply.

Also, I have been told that sometimes the comments do not show up...I do not know why that is...if it doesn't show up, then I don't see them.

Unless it is spam...I do not delete any comments. :(