Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolutions (no pictures--boo!)

Every year, the same thing comes up once January 1st rolls around.  What resolutions should I make...and every year on the list is lose weight and get organized.  And every year it just doesn't happen.

This year, I am going to try and take advice from Ali Edwards and choose a word for a year.  Well kinda.

I have read about Ali's class, but I do not plan to take it and even though it is a cool concept, I never thought I would use One word to get me through a year.  Then I seen someone on Instagram post their word--Focus.  And I thought--that is a great word!

Now I don't plan to really do the One Little Word 2013, but I would like to trade "resolution" for "focus".

This year I plan to FOCUS on becoming healthier.  I have been taking blood pressure medicine since 2010 and I would really like to stop doing that!  Every year I plan to stop and every year I lack the focus to do so.

I want to FOCUS on using the supplies I have and not buy anything else for my hobbies...There are a few exceptions:
1. adhesives (duh!)
2. ink/photo printing
3. The 2 Roller Date Stamps I don't already have, but really really need want.
4. Yarn for gift projects
5. Um, I subscribed to the Studio Calico Project Life kit and I have a 6 month obligation. (truth be told from the looks of the first kit, I don't think I am going to like it, but there are lots of ladies on 2peas that are willing to buy it.  I don't plan on taking advantage of this, but after I see it in real life and I don't want it, I will be selling it at cost--I am 95% sure)

I want to FOCUS on getting rid of the boxes and boxes of clutter that I have--they contain old bills (do I really need pager bills from before the millennium?)  As an accountant, this will take a lot of strength to do! :)

I know I have an addiction gene in me...I just need to learn how to transfer the addictions from roller date stamps or yarn to eating healthier and exercising daily.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Friend!
    So sorry I haven't been by in a while!
    This year is the first year I have evr made real resolutions so wish me luck!

    Good luck to you on yours! You can do it!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love to read your comments! I usually reply to all comments, but I don't think a notification is given once I reply.

Also, I have been told that sometimes the comments do not show up...I do not know why that is...if it doesn't show up, then I don't see them.

Unless it is spam...I do not delete any comments. :(