Sunday, November 4, 2012

Polaroid Die Cut Freebie via Cricut Craft Rooms

Last week, I posted an Instagram Icon die cut I had made with the Cricut Craft Room on Instagram and had a few inquires about a tutorial.  I posted the tutorial and to my surprise, I had 2 people tag me that made an Instagram Icon with my instructions :)

I guess since my post was pretty long, they didn't realize I had posted links to download the files as well.  I have made a tab up top (under my header) titled "Cricut Craft Room Freebies" for the files.

Onto today...Months ago, I made this simple Polaroid Frame via CCR.




It is pretty basic.  I just found the measurements of a Polaroid online and made a cut.  



The measurements are as follows:

WidthHeightXY
Rectangle3.54.250.50.5
Square330.750.75



In order to understand the above measurements, please refer to my prior post.

Here is the Polaroid file using the CCR Basics



But then after this Summer's CHA show, I seen a bunch of new die cut products on the market that have words on the frame.  I thought--hey, I can do that!

So I came up with this

Here is the file (but you must have "George & Basic Shapes" Cartridge to cut using CCR).
 

 

 
The measurements are as follows:
 
Width Height X Y
Rectangle 3.5 4.25 0.5 0.5
Square 3 3 0.75 0.75
LOVE 2.903 0.667 0.806 3.11
 
The great thing about the basic Polaroid file using the "Cricut Craft Room Basics" is that you can add your own wording to it using any other cartridge font you have.  You just need to make sure the bottom of your word touches the bottom of the frame so it will weld together.

ENJOY!
 
**Please note, I made this die cut for the personal use of others--Please do not sell this file--Thank you :)  If you want to cut the file and sell the finished product, feel free to do so, but please credit me.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! How cool that you can duplicate the items they sell at CHA on your own! That will save you lots of money and allow you to custom make them to fit your style!
    Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH. MY. GOODNESS. Thank you so much! You have save me $269!! I will just stick with my trusty Cricut!! Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good! I am glad I can help out. I know, I am so drooling over a Cameo, but I will try and make the Cricut work :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love to read your comments! I usually reply to all comments, but I don't think a notification is given once I reply.

Also, I have been told that sometimes the comments do not show up...I do not know why that is...if it doesn't show up, then I don't see them.

Unless it is spam...I do not delete any comments. :(