Friday, November 30, 2012

Cricut Christmas Swirl Tree

I had seen some really cute Swirly Christmas Trees on some card.  So I did a search and found a couple--this Hero Arts Digital Swirl Tree and this Hero Arts Acrylic stamp and also this Hero Arts Wood Stamp.  But I was really hoping to find a Cricut cut.  Instead, I tried my hand at making my own with the Storybook Cricut Cartridge.


I know it isn't perfect (and I definitely need to play with the pressure/speed settings), but it is ok for my first try.

I don't even want to try to attempt to give instructions on how I made this because there 6 swirls I had to adjust and flip.  So I will just share the file :)


I might cut a few of the swirls along the sides (kinda like trimming off the extra branches on a real tree :D )

Enjoy!  (cannot wait for the Christmas Season to begin!!!)

ETA--I made a You Tube Tutorial--you can see it here :)


4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love to read your comments! I usually reply to all comments, but I don't think a notification is given once I reply.

Also, I have been told that sometimes the comments do not show up...I do not know why that is...if it doesn't show up, then I don't see them.

Unless it is spam...I do not delete any comments. :(