Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Tag--I'm it?

This morning, I was told I was awarded a Sunshine Blogger Award by Doreena Vasquez at A Day in Dereena's Life.  Pretty cool since I have only really had 2 followers over the past 2 years--yay, someone out there reads me :)  I found her blog via Scrapbook.com and she has some really cool scrapbook pages on her blog.  Thank you, Doreena!


Okay, so the official Sunshine Blogger Award rules are:
1. Include the award logo in blog post. (check)
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you and include a link back to them. (check)
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself, that you have made up yourself. (see below)
4. Nominate 10-12 bloggers and contact them at their blog site to inform them.

I wasn't really sure what questions I would ask myself, so I took it to google and found a ton of "50 questions to ask someone to get to know them".  Then I thought--hey, it is Halloween, so I opted to do some Halloween themed questions.

1.  What is your favorite scary movie?  It has to be Scream (the original)--I know, it doesn't fall under any top Scary Movie lists, but I loved the end--it was almost comical, when they are stabbing each other to give themselves an alibi--ha ha ha.


2.  What was your favorite costume as a child?  In second grade, I was Princess Leia.  With the bun roll hair and all :D  I will have to see if my mom has any pictures.


3.  Are you missing any body parts?  Yes, 2 years ago, I had my gallbladder removed.  (kinda Halloween-ish, right?)

4.  Do you decorate your house for Halloween?  I love to decorate with the black lights and the scary music in the background, but when we moved back to San Jose, our neighborhood doesn't get many trick-or-treaters (see next question).  Plus we live at the end of the court and we see people just cross the street and skip us :(  So my bins of Halloween decorations usually don't come out of the garage.

5.  How many Trick-or-Treaters do you get?  Last year, we got 20 trick-or-treaters!!  Seriously.  I get so bummed.  When we lived in Manteca, we got hundreds!  We moved back in 2001 and I thought the first year was light because it was right after 9-11, but nope, people don't like our neighborhood--hence I no longer take the time to go all out and decorate my house (it used to be so cute--I mean scary!).

6.  Which Celebrity could you dress up as for Halloween?  I have been told I look like Ugly Betty--ha ha ha...ok, I have been told I look like America Ferrera at times.


7.  What is your favorite Halloween candy?  Can I say all?  ha ha ha.  I love Almond Joys, but I will eat almost all the candy.  So glad the kids no longer go out and bring home more candy :)  Now I just have to make sure there aren't too many leftovers after we pass candy out.


8.  When is the last time you went trick-or-treating?  Well besides with my kids, I was a Senior in high school!!  ha ha ha.  I just wore black and had my brother's gorilla mask :)

9.  Favorite Scary television show?  American Horror Story--Absolutely love it!!


10.  Favorite Serial Killer?  Dexter!!  ok, I couldn't pick between my 2 favorite scary tv shows, so I made up this question so I can add Dexter :)  I don't really have a favorite real serial killer!!


Now the hard part...Nominating 10-12 bloggers


ok, I only have 8...I read a lot of blogs and message boards, but I rarely leave comments for people.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! You played! Very cool! Great questions and answers...very Halloweenie! I love "Dexter" too!
    But I don't get to watch it anymore. We don't have th channel it comes on so we would "rent" the seasons from Netflix. Unfortunately Netflix doubled their monthly fee so we had to get rid of them! I have only seen the first 2 Seasons and I'm so bummed I can't watch anymore! :(

    I don't know if I'm following you. I don't think I am... If memory serves me correctly, I tried to "follow" you but I can't seem to find the way to do it.
    Am I missing the 'button" on the side somehwere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok, so I think added something on the right side of my blog so people can follow me now. I have heard of 'readers', but I actually just go down my list that I have bookmarked on my computer to read people's blogs--ha ha ha. I totally need to figure out Google Reader or something else. :D

      Delete
  2. How fun! I am adding you to my blog list, and thanks so much for the nomination. Totally made my day!! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love to read your comments! I usually reply to all comments, but I don't think a notification is given once I reply.

Also, I have been told that sometimes the comments do not show up...I do not know why that is...if it doesn't show up, then I don't see them.

Unless it is spam...I do not delete any comments. :(