Friday, March 12, 2010

I am a Frog...

I learned a new term..."Frogging".  Frogging is the act of ripping out the stitches in a crochet project...you know "rip-it, rip-it"..."ribbet, ribbet"...the sounds a frog makes???

I have learned to do that a lot.  This past week, I have tried to make this Slouchy Beret//Dread Tam

I have been working on this hat all week.  First it was a bit too small, so I "frogged" it back and added 2 more rows to make it wider.  Then it was too big, so I ripped it back to remove one of the new rows...  I thought I had it the 3rd time around, but the kids laughed.  The hubby said it looked like a hat worn by Strawberry Shortcake.  I guess if you have dreads, you don't do "soft rose"?  ha ha ha.  I was frustrated by this point because my hat did not look like the one in the picture!  Mine did not lay so flat...it was a bit poofy.  So I "frogged" the whole thing...later I thought I should have taken a picture of it.

Oh well, Learning is a process, right?  If anything, it is relaxing and I am able to take it with me when I have to wait.

Anyway, how long is this slouchy beret fad gonna last?  I think I will stick with my scarves :D

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love to read your comments! I usually reply to all comments, but I don't think a notification is given once I reply.

Also, I have been told that sometimes the comments do not show up...I do not know why that is...if it doesn't show up, then I don't see them.

Unless it is spam...I do not delete any comments. :(