Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Not so great first time

This was the year I said I was going to learn how to Crochet--and I did...sorta.

I learned some basics on YouTube {I ♥ the internet!} and I made a scarf...a really long scarf! Then I went to YouTube and learned how to make some flowers...some really cute flowers (if I do say so myself)


Well you know how I said the scarf was kinda too long...well the flowers were kinda too big

(please ignore this model's loud shirt!)

Then, I laid it on the table and seen this


ok, I don't know if you can tell...but that middle part is thinner than the rest of the scarf because at that point I was crocheting too tight.  Not only that one end is a bit thicker than the other end

oh well...we learn by our mistakes...this one is going to be unraveled and will not be 112 inches long (scarves can range from 60-82 inches for long scarves!)

2 comments:

  1. The flowers are SO cute! It's a shame to have to unravel the scarf, but it was still a very good effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You taught yourself to do this? Yay you: ) Love the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love to read your comments! I usually reply to all comments, but I don't think a notification is given once I reply.

Also, I have been told that sometimes the comments do not show up...I do not know why that is...if it doesn't show up, then I don't see them.

Unless it is spam...I do not delete any comments. :(